Episode 7 of the Eldenwood Craft podcast is now up on YouTube. The link to my channel and all videos can be found here.
If you enjoyed the video please give me a thumbs up in YouTube and if you don’t want to miss out when a new video is loaded then please click subscribe in YouTube.
Thank you for watching and if you have any questions do just ask away (you can leave a message on here or via the YouTube episode page. A Ravelry group has also now been created and you can leave a message on the episode thread too.
Where you can find Eldenwood Craft online:
Hollows Shawl knit in Blacker Yarns Swan Falkland Islands 4 ply.
Spring socks knit in YanTanTethera Yarns Peddero base in the Whispering Grass colourway.
Other hibernating WIPs can be seen on my project page.
Mercury socks knit in A Homespun House Olsen fingering base in the colour The Half Blood Prince.
From the Box of Shame
Lilli Pilli shawl by Ambah O’Brien knit using Baa Ram Ewe Titus 4 ply in the colours Chevin and Sandstone.
Basket of Treats
I also showed some of my own hand dyed yarn using food colouring. I used this set of dyes from Hobbycraft and some Knit Picks Bare Stroll 4ply wound into 50g skeins. They aren’t super good but we enjoyed the process!
Knitalong news – #craftymitalong
The Crafty Mitalong will start on 23rd May 2017 and run until the end of June. It is a joint knitalong (KAL) being hosted by Ellie of the Craft House Magic podcast and me. The KAL involves knitting a pair of the Striped Mittens According to Badegakk by Lena Gjerald – it’s a free pattern on Ravelry.
Here are the rules and everything you need to know:
- You need to be a member of both Ellie’s Craft House Magic Ravelry group and my Eldenwood Graft Ravelry group.
- Knit one pair of the Striped Mittens between May 23rd and end of June 2017, posting a photo of your finished mittens in Ellie’s KAL thread. Chat away during the KAL in my chatter thread, showing us what you’re knitting and how you’re getting on with the pattern. We can’t wait to see what yarn choices people will use.
- WIPs are allowed if you are no more than 50% through the project.
- Double, triple, quadruple etc dipping is allowed.
- There will be two prizes – one from Ellie and one from me. Both will involve project bags. More details will appear in the KAL threads as we go.
- If you fancy making more than one pair to be in with more of a chance of winning then go for it!
- Share photos of your progress and finished objects on social media using the hashtag craftymitalong (#craftymitalong).
If I’ve forgotten anything I will update the Ravelry thread when I remember!
I will record again soon. Until then, happy crafting.