Episode 9 of the Eldenwood Craft podcast is now up on YouTube. The link to my channel and all videos can be found here. This was a shorter episode than normal to remind you about a knitalong that we are hosting and to talk about an Etsy shop update.
If you enjoyed the video it would lovely if you gave me a thumbs up in YouTube and if you don’t want to miss out when a new video is loaded then please click subscribe in YouTube.
Thank you for watching and if you have any questions do just ask away (you can leave a message on here or via the YouTube episode page or in the Ravelry group).
Where you can find Eldenwood Craft online:
Ravelry project pages
Vertices Unite by Stephen West
Striped Mittens According to Badegakk for the Craftymitalong. Yarns used are Drops Baby Merino (dark grey) and minis from Five Moons and Norah George. Unsurprisingly the needles used are Addi Sock Wonder 2.5mm!
Other hibernating WIPs can be seen on my Ravelry project page.
Knitalong news – #craftymitalong
The Crafty Mitalong started on 23rd May 2017 and will run until the end of June. It is a joint knitalong (KAL) being hosted by Ellie of the Craft House Magic podcast and me. The KAL involves knitting a pair of the Striped Mittens According to Badegakk by Lena Gjerald – it’s a free pattern on Ravelry.
Here are the rules and everything you need to know:
- You need to be a member of both Ellie’s Craft House Magic Ravelry group and my Eldenwood Graft Ravelry group.
- Knit one pair of the Striped Mittens between May 23rd and end of June 2017, posting a photo of your finished mittens in Ellie’s KAL thread. Chat away during the KAL in my chatter thread, showing us what you’re knitting and how you’re getting on with the pattern. We can’t wait to see what yarn choices people will use.
- WIPs are allowed if you are no more than 50% through the project.
- Double, triple, quadruple etc dipping is allowed.
- There will be two prizes – one from Ellie and one from me. Both will involve project bags. And there’s yarn too! More details will appear in the KAL threads as we go.
- If you fancy making more than one pair to be in with more of a chance of winning then go for it!
- Share photos of your progress and finished objects on social media using the hashtag craftymitalong (#craftymitalong).
If I’ve forgotten anything I will update the Ravelry thread when I remember!
Etsy shop update
I will be updating the shop over the weekend of 1st / 2nd July with some bags made out of beautiful Dashwood Studios fabric. I will pop a message on the website with details of when the update will take place – or have a look out on Instagram.
And that was it. I will record again soon. Until then, happy crafting.